My Mocktail Forest
Our non-alcoholic Kahlua recipe is for coffee lovers! This non-alcoholic version combines rich coffee, creamy vanilla, brown sugar, and chocolate in your very own homemade kahlúa to use in mocktails like the white Russian, mudslide, or espresso martini.
cook Time: 15 Min
– Strong brewed coffee or espresso – Brown sugar – Instant coffee granules – Vanilla extract – Cocoa powder
Makes: 1 cup
– Brew Coffee: Brew a cup of strong coffee and let it cool to room temperature. – Dissolve Sugar: In a saucepan, dissolve brown sugar in the brewed coffee over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
– Add Instant Coffee and Cocoa: Once the sugar is dissolved, add instant coffee granules and cocoa powder to the mixture. – Simmer: Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
– Cool and Add Vanilla: Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Once cooled, stir in the vanilla extract. – Strain (optional): If you want a smoother texture, you can strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve.
– Transfer to Bottle: Pour the non-alcoholic Kahlúa into a bottle or airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to a few weeks. – Serve: Use your non-alcoholic Kahlúa in various beverages like mocktails, coffee, or desserts.