Start your new year off right this Dry January with a beautiful ruby red Sparkling Blood Orange mocktail.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Blood oranges just look so magical, don’t they? The color is just interesting to me, I had to make a mocktail that showcases that sweet color.
Freshly squeezed blood orange juice and a hint of honey make this mocktail very refreshing and sweet. Topped with sparkling lime water to add that desired tartness.
Blood oranges are full of a type of antioxidant known as anthocyanins. They are known for their anti-cancer properties and are responsible for giving the blood orange its dark red color.
Not to mention they’re packed with Vitamin C. The health benefits of the Blood Orange are essentially the same as a regular Navel Orange.
So enjoy this refreshing Blood Orange mocktail recipe while knowing you’re treating your body well.
- Blood Orange Juice– Fresh blood orange juice is going to make this mocktail a winner. Also, I’m unsure where you could buy bottled blood orange juice?
- Blood oranges are seasonal fruit. Typically grown in California and in-season November – May. They have a bright ruby red color and are full of vitamin C!
- Honey– Honey helps to cut the tartness of the blood oranges. Swap out honey for maple syrup to make this an even more fall-themed mocktail.
- Vanilla Extract– Pure vanilla extract
- Sparkling water or NA Gin- This recipe calls for Green Tea & Lime Sparkling Water. I know this is a very specific flavor, if you’re unable to find it, any sparkling water will be perfect, with a squeeze of lime juice on top.
- Garnish– Blood orange slices, optional cinnamon stick
How To Make
- Use a fruit juicer to squeeze out 8 ounces of fresh blood orange juice. Approximately 4 blood oranges.
- Prepare two short glasses with ice. Chilling your glass ahead of time will keep your drink cooler longer.
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, fresh blood orange juice, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Shake vigorously to mix and chill.
- Pour evenly between the two glasses.
- Fill glass with green tea & lime sparkling water.
- Using a cocktail spoon or regular spoon, stir gently.
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange and mint leaves, and serve immediately.
Mocktail -> Cocktail
While this mocktail is sweet and refreshing just as it is, if you’d like to add alcohol to this drink try this option:
In place of the honey, add 1.5 ounces of this Wildflower Honey flavored Vodka.
Even if you’re not interested in adding alcohol to your drink, check out their site! A portion of the proceeds of their Wildflower Honey Flavored Vodka benefits The Bee Cause Project.
See if any of their sponsored hives are near you!
Drink responsibly & enjoy!
-Chill your glasses ahead of time to keep your mocktail nice and cool longer.
-Make impressive mocktails with fancy ice cubes!
-Try different flavors of sparkling water!
-Add a short cocktail straw and stir before drinking
-Add a couple of small slices of orange for that extra pop of color.
-A fan of the Mason Jar? This is the perfect mocktail for one. Bright & Bold, everyone will want to know what you’re drinking!
The Forest Is Full Of Mocktails
- Mocktail : Orange Grapefruit Punch
- Mocktail : Mango Mule
- Blackberry Tea
- Mocktail : Bloody Mary
- Mocktail : Raspberry (The Vow)