After making one of these delicious non alcoholic drinks for game day, you can still enjoy a seat at the party with a drink in hand. If you're hosting a Super Bowl party, attending tailgates on the weekends, or just cheering on your team, there's a beverage out there for everyone. More so now than ever before.
With this short but tasty list, I hope you can create the perfect beverage lineup that's guaranteed to score with your guests.
- Non-Alcoholic Spirit Recommendations
- Great NA Beer For Football
- Garnishes For Your Game Day Drinks
- Tips For Keeping Drinks Cold
- The Best Non Alcoholic Drink Recipes For The Big Game (Yes, we're talking football!)
- Pair Your NA Drinks With Game Day Food!
- Can all non alcoholic beverages using NA Spirits or NA Beer be considered 100% alcohol free?
- More Alcohol Free Drinks & Syrups You'll Love
- More Mocktail Collections Just For You!
~ Before we get to the good stuff, here are some of my favorite NA spirit recommendations and garnish ideas to get the creative juices flowing. I'd love to hear how you enjoyed these drinks for toasting and what creative liberties you took!
Comment below to let me know - Thank you in advance!
Non-Alcoholic Spirit Recommendations
Elevate your alcohol-free drinks for game day, tailgates, or Super Bowl gatherings with these exceptional zero proof spirit alternatives. Remember, there's a wide variety out there, so explore to find your perfect match for your drink recipe.
- Non-Alcoholic Rum: A non-alcoholic rum substitute can add depth and complexity. Look for options that mimic the rich, molasses-like flavors of traditional rum.
- Non-Alcoholic Whiskey: Non-alcoholic whiskey alternatives can bring smoky and woody notes, creating a warm and comforting flavor profile.
- Non-Alcoholic Gin: A non-alcoholic gin substitute can add herbal and botanical flavors to many mocktails, perfect for gin based classics.
- Non-Alcoholic Brandy or Bourbon: A non-alcoholic brandy or bourbon substitute can impart fruity and caramelized flavors, making them even more luscious and indulgent.
- Non-Alcoholic Vodka: While vodka itself doesn't have a strong flavor, non-alcoholic vodka alternatives like this NA Apple Vodka can help offer a clean and neutral base.
- Non-Alcoholic Amaretto: A non-alcoholic amaretto substitute can introduce almond and sweet marzipan notes, adding a touch of nuttiness and sweetness.
- Non-Alcoholic Triple Sec: Non-alcoholic triple sec alternatives can provide orange and citrus undertones, enhancing the fruity and zesty aspects of your drinks.
- Non-Alcoholic Bitters: Non-alcoholic bitters can be used sparingly to enhance the flavor profile of your drinks by adding depth, complexity, and a hint of bitterness.
What other mixers, juices, and tonics should I have on hand?
To round out your drinks, it's nice to keep some other additions on hand. Some examples to have around are ginger ale, coconut water, club soda, tonic water, or sparkling waters. Of course, all fruit juices are good, like cranberry juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and lime juice. Having mixers on the ready can help you create an easy mocktail recipe in no time.
Great NA Beer For Football
There have been SO many new alcohol-free beer options available to us within the last couple of years. Don't settle for those old options... Odouls. Grab a couple of options to share!
Here are some tasty NA beer recommendations:
Garnishes For Your Game Day Drinks
This is a great list if you're planning a party. Keep some tasty treats on hand to make your drink stand out and add a bit of extra flair.
- Citrus Twists or Zests: Garnish your cocktails with twists or zests of citrus fruits like lemons, limes, or oranges.
- Herb Sprigs: Use fresh herbs like mint, basil, or rosemary as a garnish. They not only look appealing but also add a fragrant and herbal note to your drink.
- Fruit Skewers: Thread small fruit pieces on skewers for a colorful and edible garnish. Consider using berries, melon cubes, or pineapple chunks.
- Chili-Salt Rims: For a spicy twist, rim the glass with a mixture of salt and chili powder. It works especially well for margaritas or other savory cocktails.
- Cucumber Ribbons: Create elegant garnishes by using cucumber ribbons. They add a refreshing and crisp touch to your drinks.
- Maraschino Cherries: Classic but always delightful, maraschino cherries work well in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Make it fancy and uses the dark red cocktail cherries.
Tips For Keeping Drinks Cold
It can be common that alcohol is kept chilled in the freezer; however, with alcohol-free spirits, this cannot be done. I would highly recommend AGAINST freezing your zero-proof spirits. Here are just a few tips to keep your drink chilled.
- Frozen Fruit Ice Cubes: Instead of regular ice cubes, use frozen fruit as a fun and flavorful alternative. Berries, citrus slices, or grapes frozen in ice cubes can add a burst of flavor without diluting the drinks.
- Chilled Glasses: Pre-chill glasses in the freezer before serving. This helps maintain the cold temperature of the beverage for a longer time.
- Large Ice: For drinks that are served over ice, consider using large, slow-melting ice cubes. These cubes help keep the drink cold without watering it down too quickly.
- Shade and Shelter: If you're hosting an outdoor game day event, set up a shaded area or shelter to protect drinks from direct sunlight. Sun exposure can significantly affect the temperature of beverages.
- Ice Buckets: Place individual or mixed drinks in ice buckets. This allows guests to easily access cold beverages without having to open and close the main refrigerator frequently.
The Best Non Alcoholic Drink Recipes For The Big Game (Yes, we're talking football!)
Pair Your NA Drinks With Game Day Food!
- The BEST Buffalo Wings (BETTER Than Hooters Wings)
- Sweet & Spicy Party Meatballs
- Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Little Smokies with Grape Jelly
Can all non alcoholic beverages using NA Spirits or NA Beer be considered 100% alcohol free?
Most non-alcoholic spirits are designed to be alcohol-free or contain extremely low levels of alcohol, often less than 0.5% ABV (Alcohol By Volume). However, it's important to note that "non-alcoholic" does not always equate to "100% alcohol-free." The exact content can vary between brands and products.
For individuals who are avoiding alcohol for health, religious, or personal reasons, it's crucial to check the labels and product information of non-alcoholic spirits to ensure they meet the desired standards. Some people may prefer to avoid these products entirely if they are seeking a 100% alcohol-free option, as even trace amounts might be significant for their needs.
When preparing non-alcoholic punches using NA spirits, consider your audience and their specific requirements or preferences regarding alcohol content. If absolute zero alcohol is required, it might be safer to use alternatives like fruit juices, herbal infusions, or syrups that are guaranteed alcohol-free.
I also invite you to take a peek at my Home Bar Essentials Guide. I've crafted some of my favorite brands and tools to help stock your own home bar! Look out for coupon codes, as some products offer discounts on your first purchase.